- The Department of Library of Shri Shankarlal Sundarbai Shasun Jain College for Women organised ‘SHASUN GRANTH EXPO’17 BOOK FAIR’ on Monday and Tuesday, the 28 th and 29 th of August 2017 in the College premises.
- Mrs. Sindhu Viyakumar, Assistant Editor in Chennai Times and Times of India Metro Supplement was the Chief Guest for the inauguration.
- More than 10 publishers displayed their editions
- From a wide range of fiction and non-fiction to academic books and children’s literature were displayed.
- The fair created plenty of buzz and generated anticipation for publishers and authors.
Silent Reading Session
AIL The activities for SAIL CLUB for the academic year 2017-18 began with a silent reading session on 13th July 2017. It was a recreational reading session where the students engaged themselves in the process of deeding their ability think, listen and empathize.
Thereafter, the sail club members also shared their views on the books namely ‘The Da vinci Code’, ‘ The Immortals of Meluha’, ‘Steve Jobs’, ‘Chasing Tomorrow’, ‘Healthy mind, Healthy body’, ‘Angels and Demons’ and many more.
Library Field trip
- The members of SAIL Club had a Field Trip to British Council, Chennai 19 th September, 2017.
- The Manager of the British Council Ms.Aparna Bhattacharya during the orientation briefed about the courses offered, the classes, events, other sessions, etc. happening in British Council.
- British Council was established in 1934 with the aim to maintain a progressive relationship with India in the aspects of Arts & Culture.
- The members were fascinated to see Top Class British Authors’ Novels and even borrowed it using the Institutional Card.