The purpose of rules and regulations has been formulated to promote fair access, efficient usage of the library services and resources. Any individual using library services is assumed to have undertaken to observe and is bound by the library rules and regulations as stipulated below.
- All students are required to register at the beginning of the semester.
- Library cards are not transferable.
- Membership card will be issued for all students and staff after admission/recruitment.
- However, temporary staff is not eligible to borrow books but are free to use library facilities during their period of engagement.
- Silence must be maintained in the library at all times.
- Mobile phones must be on silent mode.
- Library seats may not be reserved.
- The library shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage of belongings left by users in any part of the library.
- Any member of the library staff may require any person leaving the library to establish that library materials in his/her possession have been properly borrowed.
- All students and staff should borrow the books along with their Membership Card.
- Undergraduate – Up to 2 books for 15 days and two renewal allowed.
- Post graduate /M.Phil : Up to 4 books for 15Days.
- Administrative staff: Up to 2 Books for One Month.
- Academic Staff up to 8 Books for 90 days.
- Book returned after 15 days fine will be collected Rs.1/- per day for student.
- Books borrowed during vacation will be subject to normal borrowing regulations.
- Materials borrowed from other libraries are subject to the conditions imposed by the lending library and by these regulations.
DAMAGE OF LIBRARY MATERIALS
- Lost or mutilated information materials on loan will be replaced with cost of the current edition of the material.
- Writing, defacing or damaging library material is prohibited.
REPLACEMENT OF LOST BOOKS AND CARDS
- The user is responsible for books in their possession. In case of loss of library materials, the user shall be held responsible for replacement costs based on current market price.
- Lost library materials shall be replaced within a period of 10 days from the date the loss was reported.
- Loss of library books and borrowing cards shall be reported to the librarian immediately.
- Library counter operations begin at 7.30 am and closed at 6.30 pm on all working days.
- During examination days it works from 8 am to 5.30 pm.
- All books borrowed from the library may be renewed for a further period provided that such books have not been requested for by another reader.
- However if the period of loan has expired, the user is not eligible to renew the item.
- All staff shall be required to obtain a Library Clearance Certificate before they leave the College.
- All Students shall be required to obtain a Library Clearance Certificate before obtaining their Transfer certificate.